INVENTION CLUB “PRO-MECH”
The “PRO-MECH” Club of the School of Mechanical Engineering and Transportation conducts activities for aiming to achieve in the national and international competitions to develop creativity of students by bringing together the students’ who have interests to design and create. Members of the club have been successfully and regularly participating in the biggest competitions such as ROBOCON, MICROMOUSE and ROBOT SUMO in the international, regional and state level.
The “PRO-MECH” Club of the School of Mechanical Engineering and Transportation conducts activities for aiming to achieve in the national and international competitions to develop creativity of students by bringing together the students’ who have interests to design and create. Members of the club have been successfully and regularly participating in the biggest competitions such as ROBOCON, MICROMOUSE and ROBOT SUMO in the international, regional and state level. ROBOCON Our teams of students have been nationally recognized by regularly participating to ROBOCON contest, which annually organizes by Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union, since 2002. Due to a great support from sponsoring companies and challenging contest among teams of affiliated schools of the Mongolian University of Science and Technology to strengthen its teams, our students’ achievement in contests of Automatic robot and Robocon are the following:
- Highly achieved for awarded 2nd place in 2004 for participated on behalf of the nation to international contest of the AsianPacific Ocean region for selected as the national winner of Robocon contest in 2016, 2015, 2005 and 2004.
- Through the year of 2010 - 2014, the teams covered by our students regularly awarded at places of 1 to 3 in the national championship and their creations awarded as “Robot with the best design”, “Robot with the best hand-controlled” and “Robot with the best solution”.
- Moreover, our teams awarded at first place in the all classifications such as hand-controlled, automatic, straight and offroad in the competition 2014 and awarded as a team with dependable operation for awarded at 1st and 2nd place in offroad, 1st place in straight road in 2013 and 1st place in 2012 for their creations in the Automatic robot contest for the State championship.
MODEL AIRCRAFT CLUB “GIANT”
The Model Aircraft Club “Giant” is a member of Mongolian Aircraft Modeling Sport Association and one of the biggest clubs that carries out its activities nationally. Taking up aircraft modeling sport fanciers will be physically and spiritually developed and also become technically delicate deliberators, skillful, and hardworking. Moreover this kind of sports differs from others giving amateurs-students professional orientations. The club members’ works have regularly won places in national contests, and through the year of 2011-2016, and the club has become a champion with its Mongol rocket model.
The club members have regularly participated in international contest CAN SAT. CAN SAT is a portable satellite and its components like chamber, fuel and GPS that determines pressure, temperature, the speed of wind, and location must be fit in a can of 350ml. The satellite is launched with the use of an aerostat or rocket and when reaching specific height it unfolds the sputnik parachute and lands gradually. Meantime the satellite collects data and sends it to a station directly, as well as saves the data in its immediate memory. Our achievements:
- 2012 Won Gold Cup in the 3rd European Championship Won the 1st place in Inter national contest of Micro satellite (CAN SAT) in Spain
- 2013 Won the 1st place in National contest of Micro satellite Won the 4th place among 44 countries in Internation al contest of Microsatellite organized in Japan
- 2015 Won the 3rd place in National contest of Micro sat ellite
- 2016 Won the 3rd place National contest of Micro satellite organized in Mon golia
The School organized “MICROMOUSE” contest among students of institutes and universities in cooperation with “Robocon association of Mongolian Robot Amateurs” on the date of June 15, 2017. Student teams of Promech club of the school awarded first and second place from the participated 9 teams. The “MICROMOUSE” robot contest will be organized further annually. The students of Pro-mech club of the School of mechanical Engineering and Transportation have been earning experience for successfully participated to international competitions that organized in Japan and awarded at 1st place in 2017, 2016 and 2015 to the state championship of Robot sumo.